Thursday, November 15, 2012

Palestine VS Israel

a woman from palestine, a woman from israel
there must be another way

I don't know much about this conflict so I really don't know how much I can say. I only know what my father told me. But I trust my father to death, and I trust him with this one.
Here is what I know:

A long time ago, before even Jesus was born, so 3000-4000 years ago, a man was promised a piece of land by God. Canaan. Later in history, when the Hebrews were held captive by Pharaoh and Moses saved them, this is where he took them. Because they were promised by God.

Some things were happening, and the Jews were haunted all around the world. But, after World War 2, they got their land back. Or "their". Can you really own a piece of land just because God and the Bible says so? If you don't believe in God, can you just kick the Jews out of Palestine? If you believe in God, do the Jews have the right to stay in Israel?

I saw a comedy once, but I guess there is some truth in it. The actress character said "oh but what about the Jews? We're suppose to feel so fucking sorry for them. 'People are bombing us' and 'we don't have a land' ans buhu".
Observe that it is not me saying this.

About the land being promised by God... I don't buy it. Who can verify that it's the truth? Even the priests say "the Old Testament is just stories, some good reading for you". Meaning that according to the priests, the promised land isn't actually promised. Meaning that Israel don't belong to the Jews.

Maybe it's history, maybe it's religion. Sometimes, what happened 4,000 years ago can be good to know. There are records on how to perform a brain surgery, a successful one. But a piece of writing that says a piece of land belongs to a certain group of people because they are "the chosen ones"?

And all this bombing... I understand why Palestine bombs Israel. After the Second World War, the state of Israel appeared on the map. With land taken from Palestine. Because it was "their" land. Who wouldn't be pissed?

I don't know why they started bombing each other. All I know is that Israel is occupying a lot of Palestinian land. And Palestine is occupying some Israeli land. One started bombing the other, and the other bombed back.

I'm gonna become a hippie and walk around and protest about this, because this has been going on since my DAD was young. He bought a Palestine scarf to support Palestine, and he bought me a Palestine scarf. Wearing a Palestine scarf shows which side you're on, who you're supporting.

According to a friend from Israel: Palestine only bombs civilians, but Israel are only out for the terrorists.
If you ask someone from Palestine, they will most likely say the same things.
Who do you believe?
It doesn't matter who you go after, innocent blood will always be spilled. Always.

If it wasn't for a girl from Israel, I wouldn't know which side to pick. But, she called me, without ANY proof, a racist. A person from the SPFamily called me a racist.
If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't say I'm leaning towards Palestine.

Just stop this fighting. Leave the civilians alone, stop bombing. If you wanna do a difference. Put your own gun down. Pointing a gun at someone who's already pointing one at you won't help.

sébastien lefebvre from simple plan
with a palestine scarf

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your articles. You are so honest and you're writing what's on your mind and I "feel" it.
    I have not so different opinion. I'm not on anyone side, but I agree with your end of article. People are stupid, all this violence comes from stupidity.

    ReplyDelete