Sunday, November 25, 2012

My first reactions

I have just started chapter 2 in Simple Plan: The official story and I thought I'd share what I think about the book for every chapter and section that I read.

Simple Plan warmly thanks:
I always get a bit emotional when I read their thank you notes. Especially to their families and to the fans. The fact that they call us SP Family makes me tear up. For the first time in my life, I feel like I belong somewhere. And that's with Simple Plan.
I've been an Astronaut since March 2005. And I will be a member of this family until the day I die. Simple Plan makes my life complete, I wouldn't be here without them. That's why I get so emotional by "thank you fans".

Forewords:
It was so amazing to read what Patrick thought. He is, and always will be, the sixth member of Simple Plan. He's their guy, he's Pat. He had so many nice things to say.

Introduction:
This made me cry, it was so amazing to read. To read about the humanitarian award was so... no one deserves it as much as Simple Plan does. Simple Plan saves lives with help of their music. The fact that they created a foundation was just... logical. And this is what they got because of that. I've met these guys. And I know that they truly care about young people in need of help. I know, I've seen it in their eyes.

Chapter 1, back to the beginning:
I was so fucking emotional during this chapter. It was just... "omg, I love these guys so much!". Like everyone else, I knew about Reset. But I had no idea about Roach. Not a damn clue. I loved to read how determined Chuck was, already at that age, to learn and improve and be great. He was already so passionate about the band. And how Pierre's described as talented, that everything came natural to him... It's just so fucking perfect. Jean-Sébastien is also really cool to read about. I knew he existed, but never payed much attention to him since he's out of the picture.

I felt so bad for the guys when they couldn't keep the name Roach, and had to change to Reset. I like the meaning of the name, that it was a new start. It's so amazing to me that they managed to get so famous and get fans at such young age. If you compare them to One Direction - they weren't spoon fed with success. They did it by themselves. Of course, they had help, but not like One Direction.

The fight between Chuck and Pierre was horrible to read about... it made me think all "what if they hadn't made up? Would Simple Plan still be if they hadn't? Would I still be here?"
I'm so fucking grateful that Chuck left law school to start Simple Plan with Jeff. And I'm so fucking happy that Jeff was willing to start Simple Plan - since he was more into classical music. If I didn't already know that Jeff loves that kind of music - I would have died of chock reading that. But this is what chocked me: that he was friends and lived together with Jay Lefebvre. Seb's brother.

I also loved how Chuck and Pierre made up again. Over dinner... so cute. I already knew it would happen, but I was so goddamn happy when Pierre left Reset to join Simple Plan. And it was so awesome when Seb was approved to join Simple Plan. So fun how he's described as a little kid. And thank God that he cut his hair!
And as I also already knew, David would leave Reset to join Simple Plan. I felt a little bad for the Reset members that they lost two guys to Simple Plan. But I also laughed my ass off.

Pierre Bouvier:
I teared up. I cried. It was... amazing to read all that. The words about his daughter... They weren't many, but I felt the love in them.

Time to start chapter two, no pads...

candy + simple plan book = pierrefect life

my baby

my baby and I

our first meeting



No comments:

Post a Comment